Plotting warnings

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Joe Stepansky

Plotting warnings

Post by Joe Stepansky »

It's been a while since I've attempted to plot warnings by county, but I can't seem to find a way to do it in DAWS. The old Digital Atmosphere could do it with a menu command, but I can't seem to find that same command.

Is that capability still available?
tornadoforecaster

Re: warnings

Post by tornadoforecaster »

Hello Joe:

Unfortunately, the current version of DA WS does not support plotting severe weather warnings right now. This is one of many things that should be fixed hopefully, if Tim ever gets another update out!

There are allot of people who would like to see this ASAP!

Randy
Joe Stepansky

Post by Joe Stepansky »

Randy:

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in getting back. I'm not in a great hurry it (well, not much), but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I know there are web sites that show the info, but it would be nice to be able to overlay warnings and other meteorological data to get a complete, one-stop picture.

No problem, I can wait.
tornadoforecaster

Re: warnings

Post by tornadoforecaster »

Hi Joe:

Yeah I guess we all have NO choice but to wait. I have another program which may be of interest to you, which has the ability to display all watches, warnings, and advisories on a map and ftp it to your web site.

If you want more info, just email me at "forecaster@charter.net"

Thanks,

Randy